Rikert Outdoor Center is located 20 minutes outside of Middlebury, VT in the heart of the Green Mountain National Forest. Situated on the Bread Loaf School of English campus of Middlebury College in the Town of Ripton, VT, the Center is host to a multitude of events and outdoor family fun. We welcome you to come and explore this incredible forest and field terrain either on skis, snowshoes, or on a FatBike.
The Outdoor Center offers a full service rental and retail shop as well as private and group lessons. Limited food and beverage is available from either the ski shop or the food truck located just outside the shop.
The Outdoor Center is open 8:30 to 4:30 daily generally from December to the end of March. If temperatures permit, we will open with natural and/or snowmaking trails as early as possible.
Read more about the Bread Loaf land conservation
Back in time: Rikert Outdoor Center History and great old time Winter Carnival video links
- Physical Address: Rikert Outdoor Center, 106 College Cross Road, Ripton VT 05766
- By Mail: Rikert Outdoor Center, Middlebury College, 84 Service Road, Middlebury, VT 05753
- Phone: (802) 443-2744
- Email: email@example.com
- Click to join our e-mail list
- and receive information about special deals, events and other fun programs here at Rikert. Please note that we do not share / sell your information.
Getting here by Car
- Our physical address is:106 College Cross Road, Barn East, Ripton, VT 05766
- From the West (East Middlebury,VT): From Route 7, turn onto RT 125 East for approximately 7 miles.
- From the East (Hancock VT): From Rt 100 turn onto Rt 125 West in Hancock VT, head west for approximately 9 miles.
- Without a car in Middlebury – no problem – click for the TVT bus schedule.
- Click here for a google map
Getting here by Bus
- Hop on the Snow Bowl Shuttle (operated by TVT – Tri Valley Transit) at one of the convenient stops along the way and get a ride to and from Rikert Outdoor Center (Bus Stop #10). Best of all, it’s FREE!
- TVT Bus Schedule: Click the link to view the most up to date bus schedule, route map, rider alerts and information.
- Need more information? Please contact TVT directly by calling (802) 388-2287 or sending them an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- From further away?
- Check out: Go! Vermont a link to other VT commuting services.